|Type of Facility:
The HITC features work centers and testing equipment used in development of new technologies and to support customer operations.
- HITC analytics: Provides analyses for gas, liquid and solid material for UOP pilot plants, Fluorine Products, Specialty Products, adsorbent work centers and technical services.
- Classical analytics: Provides various classical wet chemistry methods of analysis encompassing a range of titrations, digestion techniques and spectrophotometric methods. This includes sulfur-type determination, Karl Fischer water analysis, bromine number, acid number, chloride in catalysts, as well as physical property analysis of hydrocarbons.
- Chromatography: Provides critical characterization to support technology delivery to a wide range of customers. Includes routine analyses for basic pilot plant support and a problem-solving group with techniques such as gas chromatography- mass spectroscopy (GC-MS), component analysis by reforulizer, refinery gas analyzer (RGA), sulfur speciation by gas chromatograph with a sulfur chemiluminescence detector (GC-SCD) and product analysis by gas chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography.
- Elemental analytics: Analyzes elements in adsorbents, hydrocarbons and aqueous samples from ppb to percent level by X-ray fluorescence (XRF), carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen (CHN) analyzer, inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP OES) and manufacturer of carbon and sulfur analyzers.
- Material analytics: Provides characterization of adsorbents and other materials such as particle size, shape, density, strength, surface area and porosity. The center is equipped with X-ray diffraction (XRD) to measure crystallographic properties of materials.
||Honeywell India Technology Center
Honeywell Fluorine Products in India
||The facility has approximately 100 employees whose backgrounds range from engineers, chemists and safety professionals, to operations support.
||The HITC opened in February 2012 following an initial $34 million investment by Honeywell. The company officially dedicated the center at a ceremony attended by Honeywell executives; Shri Jaipal Reddy, India’s former Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas; and other dignitaries. Since its opening, the company has made significant investments in additional capabilities at the center.The HITC operates as part of UOP India Pvt Ltd. Honeywell has been operating in India for more than 80 years, and currently operates five manufacturing locations in the country, 10 key offices and sales presence in more than 50 cities. Honeywell’s employee base in India has grown from 1,000 employees in 2002 to more than 13,000 today. Read more about Honeywell’s long history and presence in India.
||Sector 36, Pace City II, Gurgaon, Haryana
||+91 124 612 5600
||Soumendra Banerjee, Site Leader
||Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies is committed to the safety of our employees, the quality of our products, and being responsible stewards for the protection of our environment, the communities in which we operate, and our customers. We are a member company of the American Chemistry Council, and Responsible Care is the foundation for health, safety, and environment excellence in our business. Our Responsible Care Management System is used to support our full commitment to legal and other health, safety, and environment requirements to which we subscribe.